Monday, September 8, 2014

Lola's Fantastic Frozen 2nd Birthday!

This past weekend we celebrated my sweet Lola's 2nd birthday party. I can't believe I officially have a toddler. I am absolutely loving this age (most of the time). A few weeks ago when I was tucking her in she said, "I wuv you mommy!" which melted my heart!

My little girl is like all the others when it comes to Frozen - she is obsessed. If we aren't watching the movie, we are singing along to the music in our car or playing with our Anna and Elsa dolls. So I knew that this theme would be perfect! I wanted it to be a character themed party but not "too charactery" if you know what I mean. I hope you enjoy the pictures, it sure was fun to plan!


Here are the cool party details! 



Our favors for our guests were Olaf bubbles. Most of our guests were very young or family members, so I didn't want to have too much as far as favors. Lola loves bubbles and she and her cousin had a blast blowing them outside. I just bought a small pack of bubbles and drew the Olaf face on them with a Sharpie. Super easy and fun!



For the entrance I placed the picture of Lola in her Elsa dress, which was also on the invitations we sent out to our guests. I printed out a super cute (and FREE!) printable from here. I also added a cute little Olaf figurine to go with our theme.



I created her number wall again this year. It's so much fun to display how much she's grown and all the fun things we've done in the past year. I had a hard time picking out my favorites!


I found this Frozen wipe board at the Target Dollar Section and scooped up a couple. It was displayed on the back of our door as our guests left. I also had one on the bathroom that read, "Royal Throne."



For the front door I drew an Olaf with another quote from the movie. I thought it turned out super cute. I watched a youtube video to learn how to draw him step-by-step. It wasn't super hard and I got it done in one night. It was a fun way to greet our guests.


Now for the party food! 

For our menu, we wanted something EASY. Last year, Tyler cooked hamburgers and was stuck out by the grill for part of the party. This year we wanted fast and easy so we could focus more on the fun stuff! The adorable white signs featured are from Jane.com. 



Arendelle's Snow Caps were the Snow Caps candy of course!


A kiss to melt a frozen hard was Hershey's Kisses (Cookies and Cream blue to match!) I purchased the pails from Party City. 


Kristoff's Ice Candy matched our theme as well!


To make the party curtains I purchased 3 sheets of plastic tablecloths from the Dollar Tree ($3 total!). My sister and I cut them into strips and I braided the top half. This was the thing I received the most compliments on and was so cheap and easy. I really think the backdrops makes the party so fun and festive. It turned out so cute!


We made a mini cake for Lola to blow out her candles. My talented sister whipped this up. I love how it turned out. 






Some "Melted Snow" for our guests to drink!



Cookies turned out ADORABLE. They were made by Tina's Homemade Goodies. Not only did they look amazing, they tasted just as wonderful as they looked! Our guests gobbled them up too! A bit hit!




Our main dish was "We finish each other's sandwiches" (another Frozen quote). We ordered a party platter from Jimmy Johns and I decorated them with little flags as a fun detail. 



Sven's Snacks were veggies and dip!







We ordered Lola's outfit from a company called Sweet Tee Pies. I've ordered a few things from this company and I have absolutely loved their products. Did I mention the skirt and bow came with it!




The biggest part of the party was of course when Elsa herself showed up!! When she came in the door, Lola RAN to her room.. which I thought was a little strange, she usually will just hid behind me. As I went in her room to see what she was doing I saw she was pulling out her Anna and Elsa Pajamas to show her! It was the cutest thing ever. She loved having Elsa there to read books and help open presents. My parents got her a Frozen radio that plays the songs and when she heard her voice she looked at Elsa and said "WOW."





We ended the party with some cute family pictures! Enjoy!






2 comments: